Hawaii Bamboo Society(HBS) was formed in 1999. The HBS currently has over 120 members across Hawaii including various bamboo nurseries and other business. It produces the Bamboo Bulletin twice a year which is available to paid members. The HBS also organises field days, workshops and seminars of various topics related to bamboo at various member properties.
- To promote all aspects of bamboo interest in Hawaii.
- To promote opportunities for sharing information and education, and awareness amongst the public.
- To circulate two or more serial publications per year.
- To encourage regional (local) chapters within the Society.
- To take steps as deemed necessary to further the objectives of the Society.